The Corris Railway was the first Narrow Gauge railway in Mid-Wales. Built originally in 1859 as a 2' 3" gauge horse-hauled tramroad, steam locomotives arrived in 1878 and passengers were carried from 1883 to 1930. The Railway closed in 1948 and was dismantled soon afterwards.
The Corris Railway Museum opened in 1970 and passenger services recommenced in 2002, with regular steam-hauled services returning in 2005, operated by volunteer members of the Corris Railway Society.
Details of ticket prices the days when trains are running can be seen on the Corris Railway website. The museum is open on these days between 10:30am and 5:30pm and trains leave Corris station on the hour from 11:00am until 4:00pm. The round trip taking 50 minutes, including a guided tour of the 136-year old engine shed and workshops at Maespoeth. No single tickets are issued as under planning requirements all journeys must start and end at Corris Station.
Passenger services will be steam-hauled whenever possible, but this cannot be guaranteed. Please phone on the day to check which locomotive will be operating.